(from the website of Holy Nativity Ordinariate Church in Payson, AZ)
What a wonderful Christmas Eve Mass we had at Holy Nativity with all the smells and bells and great music. There was much happiness and glad tidings to be had. Our Christmas Day Mass was the same as the night before with a church full of wonderful people.
- After losing our Webmaster last year it has taken us some time to find a replacement…and now a wonderful and bright new Webmaster we have. She has helped us more than a great deal in not only the new look on our home page but the whole website. Now our work begins to bring all up to date what has been happening at Holy Nativity.
- Our parish has grown more than twice the size it was last year, 2013 and still growing.
- Our Pastor Fr. Lowell is now part of that unique “band of brothers” the Knights of Columbus and has his fourth degree.
- Fr. Lowell has successfully completed the Rural Clergy training for the Department of Veterans Affairs and is continuing to work with the retired Veterans in the Rim Country, which Payson is part of.
- Fr. Lowell has completed the training for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and now has the ability to work for this great society that serves the poor and needy.
- Holy Nativity now has a new Parish Council and will be meeting every three months to help Fr. Lowell to carry out the mission of the parish.
- The parish has added on the first Wednesday of each month the service of Benediction and Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 5:30 p.m. Following this service we have a potluck supper and much fellowship. If you are in the area please join us.
- The Rev. Mr. Edward Burgin, Deacon (Ret.) has been helping the parish with its Masses and fellowship.
Best wishes and Happy New Year to all our friends in Payson.